- Aluminum-free is key. We’ve all heard the rumors about aluminum, commonly used in antiperspirant products. Whether or not there’s reason for concern, we still choose not to use it in our deodorants. Aluminum is typically the key active ingredient in antiperspirant, due to its ability to help block sweat ducts and inhibit odor-causing bacteria. Sweating is natural and a necessary process for the body to detoxify, so why prevent it? Allowing your body to sweat can actually help lead to an overall healthier you!
- It’s all in the chemistry! Since all of our bodies are different, deodorant effectiveness can vary from person to person. We offer a variety of options to meet most bodies’ needs from powerful Tea Tree-Lavender to lighter Liken-Unscented. Each of our deodorant formulas are pH balanced for most skin types.
- Give your body up to 4 weeks to acclimate. When switching to a more natural deodorant, you may notice that you’re sweatier and stinkier at first. Not to worry! Sweating is normal and good for your body, and the smell should subside as soon as your body adjusts.
- Plant power is stronger than you think! B.O. (body odor) is caused by bacteria. Less bacteria = less odor. We choose to use plant extracts that naturally fight the growth of bacteria to keep you smelling fresh! Look for ingredients like lichen, calendula, coriander, ginger, tea tree, rosemary and lavender, which are known for their antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Your body will thank you. Our deodorants are packed with fresh, botanical ingredients found in nature. Feel fresh! Be confident! Make the switch today for no aluminum, no parabens, vegan and always cruelty free. Find the right scent for you! Choose from Herbal Scent, Mint Rosemary, Tea Tree Lavender and Unscented.
Around here, Earth Day is every day. But on April 22, all of us at Earth Science celebrate our favorite holiday by coming together, raising awareness and showing appreciation for our planet. (We also celebrate with 25% off our earth-friendly products!)
We see ourselves as stewards of a better world, so we try to fuse social and environmental responsibility into the core of our business. When you purchase Earth Science products, your actions support:
Our commitment to clean.
In all of its 35+ years, ever since the development of its storied apricot facial scrub, Earth Science has been a 100% paraben-free brand. We’ve always believed that parabens have no place on your face (or body, or hair!). And you’ll find zero aluminum, alum or zirconium salts in our plant-based lichen deodorants—just odor-preventing botanicals and anti-bacterial extracts.
Our respect for recycling.
We diligently choose American-made, sustainable packaging whenever we can—including up to 80% post-consumer—and Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified cartons, which are sourced from sustainably managed forests to protect wildlife habitat and maintain biodiversity. For shipping Earth Science products, we only purchase eco-friendly, biodegradable materials, like packing peanuts made from cornstarch that are 100% compostable (and 100% anti-static, because how annoying is the Styrofoam version?).
Our promise to the planet.
Our products are manufactured locally in Southern California, using sustainably sourced raw materials. As a Carbon Fund partner for more than 10 years, we are also dedicated to supporting the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions and the fight against climate change by supporting climate-friendly projects. Our offices are open four days a week, eliminating one commute day and reducing an estimated 12,300 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions annually. By sharing the common goal of fighting climate change, we can be a part of the solution toward a clean energy, low carbon future.
Skin, body and hair care products, made from the best that nature has to offer don’t need to cost a fortune. Get a fresh start that’s nature-approved with these 10 great finds under $10.
Apricot Gentle Facial Scrub – Our award winning, best selling scrub gives you a glowing complexion. Never made with harmful micro-beads, this vegan scrub improves your skin without harming the environment!
Olive & Avocado Shampoo – Travel Size – Great hair anywhere you go is simple with this travel size version of our classic favorite. Our color-safe, sulfate-free, and gluten free formula makes this item an easy pick.
Olive & Avocado Deep Conditioning Hair Masque – Travel Size – Nourish dry locks with this powerful travel size version of our award winning favorite. Hydrating, smoothing, and gluten-free, this item gives you great hair anywhere.
Tea Tree & Lavender Deodorant – Aluminum-free, 100% vegan, and gluten free, this deodorant will keep you smelling fresh anywhere you go.
Chamomile & Green Tea Eye Makeup Remover – No tears with our ultra gentle and effective formula. Non-irritating, no artificial colors, fragrance free, and vegan, each bottle not only cleans and purifies skin, it also takes off stubborn mascara.
Purfection Hand Cream – Travel Size – A Whole Foods Premium Body Care approved formula, this travel size cream gives you the softest hands in a tube that fits easily into any purse or backpack.
Multi-Therapy Oatmeal Hand & Body Lotion – Extra dry skin needs extra pampering. Oatmeal, green tea, sweet almond oil, and Vitamin E provide deliciously vegan skin care.
145 Smooth Start Shave Cream – Getting a close, comfortable shave shouldn’t be a chore. Soften, smooth, and moisturize skin with this gluten free formula.
Mint Rosemary Deodorant – A great scent to keep you smelling fresh all day long comes in a hard working, aluminum-free, gluten free, vegan formula.
Liken Plant Deodorant – Choose between light herbal scent or fragrance free. Long lasting, effective formulas, free of aluminum and gluten.