The start of a new decade calls for a few resolutions to be made to have your best complexion yet! Swap these easy-to-break habits with a routine that’s easy to stick to for healthy and happy skin all year long.
- Not using the right products for your skin type. Pay attention to what your skin needs and pick the products that are right for you! Having trouble with dry skin? Look for formulas like our Creamy Fruit Oil Cleanser and Apricot Night Cream that contain naturally hydrating ingredients. For oily/combination skin, use our Clarifying Herbal Astringent and Facial Wash. Don’t forget, oily skin can still get dehydrated! Adding our Maximum Hydration Hyaluronic Acid Serum to your daily routine can benefit all skin types with much-needed hydration.
- Leaving the house without SPF. You’ve heard this one over and over again, but it’s worth repeating! If you still forget to apply SPF before heading out, let 2020 be the year where you break this habit for good. Besides the harmful damage the sun can have on your skin, it can also cause premature wrinkles and discoloration, so protect daily and reapply throughout the day if needed.
- Exfoliating every day. Having an exfoliator in your skincare routine is essential for healthy skin health; however, overdoing it can lead to more damage than good. Exfoliating every day can irritate skin, and can even damage the surface layer of your skin. Limit exfoliation to 3 times a week with our Apricot Facial Scrub.
- Throwing away your empties in the trash. Resolve to recycle (more) in 2020. Yes, that means your empty skincare bottles, too! All of our products come in recyclable plastic, so be sure to toss them in the correct bin to help reduce waste.
- Eating too much junk! While not exactly a skincare habit, incorporating more whole foods can help improve skin’s appearance. For example, foods rich in vitamin C like oranges and papayas help promote collagen production and have antioxidant properties that help fight free radicals. Keep your eye out for these ingredients in some of our products, too!
- Going to bed before washing your face. Your skin needs time to recharge at night just as much as your brain does. Cleansing dirt and other impurities away before bed will leave your skin feeling fresher and can prevent breakouts. Plus, you’ll want maximum benefits from your moisturizers and serums, so fresh, clean skin at nighttime is worth the effort. Read our blog post “5-Minute Nighttime Skincare Routine for Your Skin Type” for the easiest and quickest way to get clean before catching your zzz’s!